Requirements for Renting a Car in Queenstown
- To successfully rent a car in Queenstown, you must be at least 21 years old and if you are under 25, be prepared to pay an extra fee labeled as a Young Driver Surcharge – it is charged by every supplier.
- In addition to age eligibility, you will also need to show a valid driver’s license (DL), a credit card, and identity proof.
- You can use your native driver’s license to drive in NZ, however, if your driver’s license is not in the Roman alphabet make sure you have your International Driver’s Permit (IDP).
Popular Types of Car Rentals in Queenstown
The most frequently booked rental cars in Queenstown city include 4WDs, luxury & convertible cars as well as 7-seater, 8-seater, and 10-seater rental vehicles.
Here are the most popular categories of rental cars in Queenstown –
- Economy Cars
- Luxury Car Rental
- Van/Minivan Rentals
- Convertible Car Hires
One-way Car Rental Queenstown
To book a one-way rental car, select a location in Queenstown as your pick-up location and a different location on the South Island as your drop-off location.
You can take these incredible one-way trips with your Queenstown car rental –
- Queenstown to Christchurch
- Queenstown to Dunedin
- Queenstown to Nelson
- Queenstown to Invercargill
- Queenstown to Greymouth
- Queenstown to Picton